Friday, June 21, 2013

day in, day out - five minute friday

today i'm linking up with Lisa Jo for five minute friday.

this week's prompt: rhythm

go

day in, day out.  i wake up, work out, eat breakfast, go to work.  come home, start the laundry, make dinner, do the dishes.  then its bedtime.  brush teeth, read stories, kiss goodnight and eventually go to bed myself.

wake up the next day and start it all over again.

this is the rhythm of my life.  it seems pretty steady and pretty simple yet in my mind it is chaos.  there's not just the simple things i listed above to worry about.  there's clutter.  homework.  dance classes.  business travel.  hubby's sporting events.  family gatherings.  the eight million other chores i can never find the time for.

how does that all fit in?  how do i create a rhythm that incorporates everything i want it to.

i guess i don't.  i learn to accept that not everything will get done.  that at this time certain things will have to slip (like skipping my workout this morning!).  but as long as the important things are taken care of, everything will turn out just fine.

i still don't feel that i've found my rhythm as a working mom.  i still feel clumsy and disoriented.  but i'm learning.  and getting closer, i hope.  in the meantime, i will enjoy the messiness of life.

stop


Five Minute Friday

6 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I skipped my workout this morning too. Enjoy the chaos and beauty of today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel better now, thanks! It was nice to have a quiet reflective morning today instead of one where I try to squeeze too much in before work!

      Delete
  2. The interesting thing about rhythm, it is okay to change it. Especially if it's your rhythm to change. Don't want to workout, it's okay because it's your rhythm. And, as you said, as long as the important things get done, all will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - it is ok to change the rhythm. I think what's hard for me is actually finding the rhythm in the first place! But maybe I already have found it and just haven't realized it...?!?!?

      Delete
  3. Learning to live in the "un-done" is perhaps the most beautiful rhythm of all. You are dancing an incredible dance with all you've mentioned. Those eight million things that are left un-done just aren't steps to the dance of today! At least, that's how I deal with the cobwebs and dust and oh yes, there is a load of wet laundry in my washer right now. Oops. So my rhythm boasts some mildew-y tee-shirts occasionally. --Elizabeth
    http://takingshapeslowly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully put! And my clothes made it to the dryer, but folding and putting them away? That's for another day!

      Delete