Monday, June 24, 2013

10 things i live for (or cannot live without) - 52 weeks of blogging with a purpose

linking up for the first time this week with from mrs. to mama on her 52 weeks of blogging with a purpose series.

here's my top ten list of things i live for, or cannot live without:

God's word - i am not in it enough.  but i need it to live.

books - i am an avid reader.  i would love to find a way to get paid to read full time.  especially on days like today where i'm completely  hooked on a book (reconstructing amelia by kimberly mccreight).  i love getting lost in a good story.  i also love learning new things.  so i don't discriminate.  fiction, non-fiction, young adult, children's, chick-lit, historical fiction, doesn't matter to me.  i'll give any book a chance!

beach - the beach makes me so happy.  i don't even know if i can explain how or why.  i just love the sound of the ocean.  and the feel of the sand under my toes.  i like the beach in the winter and in the summer.  (spring and fall work for me, too!)  i would love to live on the beach someday.




 
exercise - i start each monday through friday working out in my basement.  bright and early.  usually with a beachbody dvd.  i feel so much better when i work out.  i sleep better, too.  and i love challenging my body to get stronger and fitter.  i also love the fact that each time i work out, i am contributing to my future by making my body healthier.

fresh air - there's nothing like a day spent outside.  i love long walks in the park.  driving with my sunroof open.  eating outside during my lunch breaks.  i wish i spent more time outside.

summer - even if i'm not at the beach, summer is the best.  sunshine.  high temps.  no homework for the kiddos.  a less intense extracurricular schedule.  swimming.  ice cream.  i love it all!



diet coke - i know it's bad for me.  I've given it up many times.  but i just can't quit it completely.  i'm not a coffee drinker, so diet cokes my thing. 

lazy days with the family - before i met my husband i hated sitting around doing nothing.  it was so boring.  i had to be headed somewhere, making something, learning something.  now i love the days where we accomplish hardly anything.  for example, yesterday we spent most of the day outside on lawn chairs while the kids played in a wading pool.  yes, they're too big for a wading pool and a trip to the local pool would've made more sense.  but lazing around in the backyard for the day was just heavenly.  and i hope the girls have fond memories of our backyard "pool" when they grow up!

music - life seems so much better with music.  i like a little big of everything.  and I've noticed i'm more productive with music on.  i'm also happier with music on.  i would hate to see a world without music.

sunshine - my mood always seems brighter on a sunny day.  i love the feel of the sun on my skin.  i love how alive the world seems when the sun is out.  my brother lives in alaska and i have no idea how he handles the months of little sun.  i could never be without my sunny days.



so there it is, the 10 ten things i either live for or can't live without (or maybe both!).  what things are essential to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment