Thursday, August 1, 2013

the thief

for some reason the following scripture has been playing over and over in my head for the past 24 hours:

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. - John 10:10 (NIV)

not sure how this got stuck in my head, but God must be trying to tell me something.  i have been thinking about how some things steal my joy...mainly comparisons, perfectionism, too high expectations and jealousy.  i have also been thinking about bad habits that steal my joy...for example, too much time on social media, procrastinating, and junk food.

i guess lately i have been falling for the thief's (satan's) tricks instead of seeking Jesus.  i've been easily distracted by the things that steal my joy. i'm not sure why i'd let anything get me down, but i have.  this past school year, in particular, was a real tough one for me.  i was down more than i was up.  

now that the new school year is upon us, i have to admit that i'm a little nervous.  will i fall back into that slump i was in last year?  or will this year be better. i guess the answer is in God's word.  i know where my focus needs to be.  here's to keeping it there!

No comments:

Post a Comment